Monday, February 25, 2013

The Most Important Puzzle Piece

Through most of my life I've wondered what real love is? Though at times hottly disputed, the answer is still surprisingly simple and at the same time deeper than I can ever fathom:

"The Lord appeared from of old to me saying Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, with loving-kindness have I drawn you and continue my faithfulness to you." Jer. 31:3 AMP
An "everlasting love" - a love so deep and wide and high that it does not only include yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but ALL my yesterdays, ALL my todays, ALL my tomorrows because HE knew me before I became aware of Him, and He faithfully draws me with HIS loving-kindness all the days of my life and will continue to love me throughout eternity because that is His character.
Here is how I personalize it: You God, my Creator and Redeemer love me with your everlasting love; you do NOT HAVE love, you ARE love. You draw me with loving-kindness because you ARE loving-kindness. You have loved me before I was born, and you continue your faithfulness to me throughout all eternity because you ARE faithfulness.
Dear Lord, I pray that I may become increasingly aware of your love, your loving-kindness, and your faithfulness in my life and be responsive to your drawing! Amen!

1 comment:

  1. How humbling yet comforting to consider...may this knowledge become a part of me, a firm belief in my mind and source of joy and peace in my heart for strength. Learning that His character is love, I can lean on this , feeling safe and protected always. I want to be conscious and aware of this more and moe each day....bless you for helping others come closer to our awesome Creator!!!

    ReplyDelete