Thursday, March 21, 2013

First Seeding

Finally - and I almost forgot to blog about it (or do I mean brag about it:) - I sowed a package of Kale last Friday. So much happened that Friday. Though I had it all planned out - as usual - and it just took on a life of its own - as usual:). First, time did not cooperate with me in the morning, so I went for a walk with Trixie almost two hours later than planned.  When I finally did get to the office, I immediately tackled the report and was just about done when my biller called with totally new information that I had to incorportate into the report. Therefore, I had to do it all over again.  Then, when I was just about ready to FAX it, I heard this funny sound from my computer - it was SKYPE - my sister called with the sad news that she'd been diagnosed with breast cancer. That makes two of my favorite people grappling with cancer; my sister with breast cancer, my friend with kidney cancer. Needless to say, I scrapped my plans to get my taxes done; I did get my report done; and I went home and just before dark, I sowed a package of Kale - because there is always life, especially in the face of death!

No comments:

Post a Comment